Oatmeal is one of my go to breakfasts. It’s a healthy choice with fiber and protein that keep me full all morning plus it’s pretty fast and easy to make. That being said…plain oats can get pretty boring which is why I love some of these recipes I found on Pinterest. These variations include fruit, peanut butter and jelly, spices and plenty of ways jazz up your oatmeal so your breakfast will make you feel good and look good but it will also taste amazing.
By the way, have I mentioned my undying love for Pinterest yet? It’s one of the coolest new sites where you can post, share and follow pictures of things that inspire you from fashion to photography, food , fitness, pets, home inspiration and DIY projects. It’s kind of like a vision board and it’s a great way to explore and share things that inspire you..plus I find it’s also a great motivation tool. Try it…love it…share the obession:) You can check out my Pinterest boards here….http://pinterest.com/fitfabcities/
And definalty give the recipes pictured above from some favorite food bloggers a try if you want to jazz up your morning oatmeal!
Homemade Oatmeal 9 Ways from ABeautifulMess.typepad.com.
This is the large photo with 9 bowls above and is my favorite because it shows several simple things you can add to make your oatmeal super delicious.
Click here to get her amazing recipes that include pumpkin spice, coffee cake and peanut butter and jelly. Plus she has some amazing pictures on her site.
Apple Pie Oatmeal from OhSheGlows.com.
- 1/3 cup regular oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger + pinch of kosher salt
- 1 + 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1-1.5 tablespoon pure maple syrup + more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, for sprinkling on top
Click here to go to OhSheGlows.com for the rest of the recipe.
Baked Apple Spice Oatmeal from TheCurvyCarrot.com
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (variety of your choice), plus slices for garnish
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Click here to go to TheCuryCarrot.com for the rest of the recipe.