During a trip to Nordstroms this fall I made a fantastic discovery. I was in the market for wide leg jeans to add some variety to the skinnies and straight legs that I usually gravitate toward. I love wide legs and flares for the 70′s vibe, they’ are cool and effortlessly chic…however, I could not find a single pair that were flattering for my athletic legs. That was until I found MOTHER. This brand is the collaborative brainchild of designers from Citizen’s of Humanity and 7 Jeans and has the softest texture with tons of stretch which is super flattering if you have a more muscular lower body. Plus, the longer hem makes for endless legs when paired with a platform or wedge .
I love paring wide legs and flares with a silky, flowy top like this one from Banana Republic with some bold jewelry. It’s a go to for casual dinners with my husband or strolling through Pike Place Market on the weekend. Wide legs and flare jeans are super versatile (day to night, fall to summer) and really flattering so if you don’t already have a pair in your denim wardrobe I would definitely suggest adding them!
- Mother Wilder Trouser Jeans. Also Gap has a great pair for $70 that is a little bit friendler for the old wallet:)
- Banana Republic Bella Pintuck Blouse. BR is out online but I have seen plenty of this style in the store.
- JCrew Greer Wedge Booties. Unfortunately these booties are no longer available but these platform sandals would be great for spring.
- JCrew Brompton Hobo:I love love love this bag. It’s big so I have to be careful not to fill it with five pounds of lip gloss but it’s also a classic shape , super soft and comes with a shoulder strap so I take it everywhere.
- Gold Bangle $40 Banana Republic. The one I’m wearing is actually from Forever 21 which is my go to go fun statement jewelry. I love it, they have bins with things that are all totally on trend and under five dollars!
- The necklace I’m wearing is old and from JCrew (my other jewelry go to ) but I like this one from Asos for $26. It’s very cool and I’d totally wear it with my wide leg jeans and white tee and leather jacket. Hmmm… I think I have outfit for tomorrow picked out;)