The blowout is one of the most important hairstyling techniques to master, but it can also be one the trickiest. I love blowouts since they make your hair look impossibly gorgeous, and a good blowout will actually give you a few days worth of hairstyles. Great for those crazy busy weeks! After plenty of research, along with trial and error, I think I have it down to science…simple and easy, perfect for getting ready in the morning.
- Start with wet hair, make sure you have done a really thorough shampoo and condition, then add a few drops of smoothing serum like Morrocanoil. Give your hair a rough dry until it’s about 60% dry.
- Section your hair into 8 sections (two sections at the top of your head, a section on each side, two at the back of your head and two at the bottom)
- Grab a round brush a dry each section starting with the top, make sure the hair is completely dry, this is really important. (TIP: start with the brush on the outside of the hair to pull it tight, then when it’s almost dry move the brush under the hair to give it bend and body)
- Divide the dried hair into two sections and roll each section with velcro rollers. Once you have all your hair in rollers , go over with the hairdryer on low speed but with heat. Add an allover spritz of hairspray and let your hair set for 10 minutes. (Perfect time to do your makeup)
- Undo the rollers, turn your head upside down and lightly spray with hairspray. Run your fingers through and you are good to go!