I love trying new workout classes whenever I get the chance. I get to check out new fitness trends, get ideas for my own at home workouts, keep boredom at bay, and have some fun in the process. Plus it’s always importnat to change up your workouts so that you keep seeing results!
Here are five of the hottest, newest fitness classes that, it you have the chance, I think you should definitely try. I’ve had the pleasure of trying the ones I could find in Seattle, and if I couldn’t find it, it made my own version. Each class is a killer workout and totally different so there is something for everyone! Let me know if you’ve tried any of these workouts and which ones you like the best.
- Soul Cycle: Spinning classes are HUGE! Celebs like Kelly Ripa, Katie Holmes and Sophia Vergara swear by them, and one of the best in the business is Soul Cycle. Killer playlists + totally motivating class participants and teachers + 800 to 1000 calories per hour = one addictivly good workout. We have FlyWheel in Seattle which is similar and on my to do list very soon! Check out a spin class near you for some killer cardio.
- Barre Class: Ballet barre classes are great for toning your whole body with teeny tiny movements, light dumbbells and your bodyweight. Don’t be fooled though, these workouts are super tough. You can check out some of my reviews here. Physique 57 and Barre 3 are my favorite classes plus they have DVDs and/or online downloads so you can do the workouts anywhere.
- TRX Class: So obsessed with the TRX! I use it in every one of my stregnth workouts and if I had to own only one piece of fitness equipment this would be it. Well the TRX and kettlebells and a BOSU and…who am I kidding, I can’t own just one! You can take TRX classes at many gyms and some even offer bootcamp styles with cardio intervals or tabata protocal. Muscle toning, calorie burning goodness!
- Metcon 3: This class is exclusive to Equinox gyms and uses the principle of metabolic conditioning work. You do 10 full body exercises, each for a minute, then repeat that cycle 3 times. This really spikes your heart rate and gets you metabolism going for hours….if you don’t live near an Equinox many of my printable workouts are based on metabolic conditioning so try one like this if you haven’t already:)
- SurfSET Class: I actually saw this class on Shark Tank the ABC show where entrepreneurs pitch businesses to investors. The workout is done entirely on a surfboard which is suspended to recreate the feeling of being on the water. There are also resistance bands on the side of each board for upper body work. I love adding some instability to my workouts since doing so increases the effectiveness of even simple exercises like bicep curls. The SurfSET class will work your whole body especially your legs and core…plus can you think of a more fun way to burn 500-800 calories?! Classes are pretty limited right now, but SurfSET looks to be expanding very soon. If you can’t take a class try incorporating standing on a BOSU ball into your workout for the same effect.