I really can’t get enough of bright colors when spring and summer roll around. I love bold decorative pillows on the couch, bright statement necklaces, and all the great color in clothing this season…especially the bright jeans! I’m at heart, a jeans a t-shirt girl, so the opportunity to jazz up my go to look is very exciting. Tons of celebs including Cameron Diaz, Kate an Pippa Middleton, Sarah Jessica Parker and Rachel Bilson, just to name a few, are loving the look of colored jeans lately. On a recent trip to JCrew I couldn’t get enough of the candy colored denim adorning the shelves. You can pair them with everything from a silk blouse and nude heels for a sophistacted look to chambray shirt and flats for something more laid back. With my penchant for deals I had to do a splurge verusus steal so you know you can rock this trend no matter your budget. And by the way, I have to say the Old Navy Rockstar skinny jeans come in tons of different colors and are my favorite go to jeans in my closet. The fit is amazing, nice rise, stretchy and comfortable and perfect for ladies (like myself) who have a bit of a booty and athletic legs:) Plus, they are under $35!!! SO weather you want a splurge or steal, this is a really fun and fashionable way to wear jeans so I totally recommend picking up a pair for spring!
- J Brand skinny twill jeans in bright blue $175
- J Brand skinny twill jeans in coral $170
- Rage and Bone jeans in aqua blue $190
- Old Navy Rock Star Jeans $35, these come in blue, coral, yellow and green. It’s easiest to find them in stores as oppose to online.
- Gap Skimmer legging jeans $59.95.
- Blank NYC jeans, $88
Who doesn’t love a super quick and effective workout? Here’s one you can do first thing in the morning or if you find a little extra time in the day … before you know it your cardio will be conquered! It’s inspired by one of my favorite Insanity workouts and some if the fitness classes I teach, plus it consists of 30 second high intensity cardio intervals, so you know it burns tons of calories. Try do to this two to three times a week and you’ll be in super shape for the upcoming swimsuit season in no time:) So grab your ipod or put on your favorite playlist and crush those calories!!!
Get the printable workout with directions here. 20 minute cardio workout
p.s. if you have questions about any of the exercises just ask in the comments section and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
When spring finally makes it’s long awaited appearance, I can’t wait to pack away my sweaters, store my boots and break out my bright colors, maxi dresses and sandals. I adore spring time since and I love that we still have an entire summer of warm weather, al fresco dining and fabulous spring and summer styles to look forward to. As the season changes, along with switching out my wardrobe, I’m always sure to update my makeup. Plus, picking up an on-trend lipstick like this one from Revlon is a great way to update your look for spring for under $10. For spring time beauty this year, I love soft shimmery corals, subtle bronze skin, neutral eyes and a bold lips paired with a pastel manicure and pedicure. Here are 10 of my spring makeup favorites!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: This is my go to for spring and summer coverage. It leaves your skin looking flawless and it has a rich moisturizing texture that gives you coverage without looking like heavy makeup. It’s perfect for warm weather and a go to for top celebrity makeup artists.
- Stila Eyeshadow in Sun: I love this and I’ve been wearing it for years! It’s a beautiful soft shimmery coral that looks great on it’s own or you can apply it wet for more intensity.
- Benefit Sun Beam highlighter: Properly placed highlighter gives you supermodel-like cheekbones and this soft gold shade creates such a beautiful and ethereal glow for spring.
- Stila Lip Glaze and Apricot: This looks great placed over a bold lip color to tone it down and add subtle shimmer or on it’s own for a sexy, nude lip.
- Bobbi Brown Ultra Nude Eye Palette: Bobbi Brown is knows for her perfect nude shades and creating the most flawless “no-makeup-makeup” looks. This palette is great because you get some many shades that look great on many different skin tones.
- Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer: A great bronzer is key for spring and summer. I wear mine all the time which is how I justify the splurge for this Guerlain bronzer:)
- Revlon Lipstick in Persian Melon: Bold lips are the must have beauty look for spring and this color is perfectly on trend without being too out there. I always like to pick drugstore brands for my more adventurous beauty choices so I’m not breaking the bank.
- Essie nail polish in To Buy or Not To Buy: A soft and shimmery lavender, this shade is the perfect spring time pastel.
- Julep Nail polish in Hayden
- Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer: Simply apply this everyday and you’ll have a great, natural looking streak free, safe tan in no time!
“Believe you can…and you will.”
(I found this Motivation Mondau quote on Pinterest and from the blog www.thetomkatstudio.com. It’s actually an art print you can purchase from etsy here.)
After a trying past 10 days, I’m happy that my first post back is Motivation Monday. This quote really resonates with me, and I love how simple and how true it is. It’s amazing what you can do when you believe in yourself. In fact, I think believing in yourself is the most important ingredient for success. If things get rough this week with life, work or anything… just go back to this quote and tell yourself a few times… I believe I can and I will”. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, when you believe in your power to reach your goals you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish and achieve!
Happy Motivation Monday!
*p.s.: I’ll be back to my regular posting schedule this week with new printable workouts, recipes, fitness and style tips and more:)