Last week I felt like changing up my cardio routine, the treadmill was getting a little boring so I decided to hit the bike instead. After all, nothing beats spinning for toning the legs and really working up an intense sweat. Plus, keeping my body guessing is important for getting the most out of my workouts.
I love designing my own spinning workouts using the beats from a motivating playlist to determine how the workout shakes out. I did this one the other day and it was awesome….so here is my playlist and killer spinning workout that will have you burning over 500 calories in about 45 minutes…Have fun and happy workout!
Click here for the printable version. FitFabCities.com New 500+ Calorie Spinning Workout
1. Warmup: (5.5 mins) Sweet Mix ( Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Eurythmics, etc)
2. First Hill (3 mins): Start seated and add resistance every 30 secs, stand when you need to, Miami (Will Smith)
3. Seated Sprints (4 mins): Seated and sprint on the chorus, easy ride on the rest, Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
4. Hill with sprints (4.5 mins): Standing hill with resistance and do a standing hill sprint on the chorus, Shake That (Eminem)
5. Seated Sprints (5 mins): Tabata protocol, hard for 20 seconds rest for 10 seconds repeat for the whole song Mr. Vain (DJ Maurice)
6. Hill (4.5 mins): Standing hill with resistance and increase the resistance every 30 seconds Take Care (Rihanna)
7. Standing sprints ( 3.5 mins): Stand with medium resistance and sprint for on chorus then recover repeat for whole song, I Cry (Flo Rida)
8. Seated sprints (3.5 mins): Low resistance and sprint on the chorus, recover on the rest Gangnam Style (PSY)
9. Seated arm work (3 mins): Seated with medium resistance, while seated on the bike and pedaling grab a set of 3-5 pound dumbbells, do over head presses for one min, bicep curls for the next minute and tricpe kickbacks for the third minute, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Taylor Swift)
10. Hill (4.5 mins): Start seated and increase the resistance every 30 seconds, stand when you need to and it should be really really hard by the last minute or so, Shake It Out (Florence + The Machine)
11. Cool down (4.5 mins): Cool down, easy Empire State of Mind (Jay- Z)