If you have a fitness fanatic on your list (and if you’re like me, that person is you:), here are some of my personal favorite workout gadgets and goodies perfect for gifting. We’ve got a bit of everything…clothes, new classes to try, workout equipment and techno fitness so I’m certain there is something for everyone on you list! Moms, sisters, husbands and you too!
- Polar heart rate monitor: This is one of the highest rated heart rate monitors on Amazon.com and it comes in under $100, pretty reasonable for one of these devices. Keeping track of your heart rate ensures you maintaining proper intensity during your workout and I LOVE that this one tells you how many calories you’ve burned.
- Athleta Hoodie: Athleta does a wonderful job of creating fashionable fitness gear. This jacket has a really cool hood and the side zip is just so uber chic for a workout jacket.
- FitBit: I have one of these and LOVE it! It helped me lose some weight and I currently swear by it for maintaining my weight. It tracks steps, stairs climbed and calories burned. Sync it to your phone for updates and use the food journal function to ensure awesome results. It’s small, sleek and incredible accurate, making it one of the best fitness trackers on the market.
- Kettelbell set: An entire gym that fits in a corner of your living room. These will shred your body… abs, legs, arms you name it. I like this set because they are covered in vinyl meaning they won’t do as much damage to your floor or hands:)
- Dance Central 3, XBOX Kinect: OK, you can actually get a workout with the Kinect and this new edition of the BEST dance game ever will totally get you sweating. Bonus, it’s beyond fun!
- YogiToes Yoga Towel: Put this super absorbant, hygienic and totally cute towel on top of your yoga mat to keep yourself from slipping around. It’s made of 50% recycled polyester and comes in a variety of colors, I happen to love this rainbow prism for brightening up those cold winter days.
- Bar Method gift certificate: I’m really into barre classes lately and giving someone the gift of 30 days at Bar Method runs $99 for an unlimited number of classes for a new client. The gift that keeps on giving…giving you flat abs and super toned legs!
- FlyWheel or Soul Cycle gift certificate: Spinning is the next thing I have to try, in fact the FlyWhell gif card is on my list! If you or someone on your list has one of these studios in their city, think of gifting them single classes or a month of rides. Kelly Ripa, Sofia Vergara and Katie Homes swear by spinning to keep them in superstar shape.
- Ugg Knit Boots: I saw a fellow Bar Method student slip these on the other day while I fumbled around with my running shoes, and I made a mental note of how great these Uggs are for after class. Since yoga, pilates, barre and spinning classes use either socks or special footwear, having cozy slip on boots instead of shoes after class, is a treat for your feet.
There are a few more gift guides to come, so let me know what else you’d like to see!