“Sweat, smile and repeat.”
I found Victoria’s beautiful typography art of Pinterest and she has so many great quotes from which to choose. Today I really fell in love with this one. It’s so true that a great workout always makes you smile (when it’s over:) and as I always say, you’re only one workout away from a good mood!
You can purchase Victoria’s work from her Etsy store and, while enjoying Motivation Monday on the blog every week is nice, I was thinking it might be nice to hang this on my wall and enjoy a bit of motivation everyday:)
Happy Motivation Monday!
(If you like this piece it’s $22 here.)
Recently, I’ve been visiting many new fitness classes and studios around town, and I’ve noticed how cute all the participants always look. I’m starting to think my ratty running shorts and old tank tops are not really cutting it anymore, and thus, I have full blown “cute workout clothes envy”.
I love the girls who put together those adorable outfits with bright colors and glittery workout headbands, and then I notice some of my stuff boasts my high school cross country logo. High school… so not cool. So I have set out to improve my workout wardrobe, and I’m trying to do it without totally blowing my budget. (After all, I just checked out JCrew’s new spring shoes so….)
I’ve taken stock of a few option and developed a nice splurge and steal list.
- Wunder Under Crop: I’m obsessed. So comfy, super flattering and they come in lots of fab colors. Splurge on these, they are worth it. (Mine went on my bday list)
- Cool Rackerback Crop: Also love this tank, great for sweating it up during spin classes.
- Vinyasa to Vina Bag: It’s a little reminiscent of the Celine bag right? I mean for something you carry to the gym, it’s uber stylish, and big.
Athleta (kinda spurge)
- Longsleeve Wick It top comes in 5 cute colors and even has UPF50+
- Workout Tank: $64 so comparable to lulu, this is a great top for larget cup sizes FYI
- Capri pants, on $69 and a flattering cut
- Hair band: I love this and this one won’t snag your hair
H&M’s new sportswear line is super cute and majorly affordable! Plus the quality is surprisingly good)
- Capri pants: $18…amazeballs!
- Long Sleeve Top: $15 great for to and from the gym
- Sports capris: only $29!!!!
I’ve long professed my love for workouts that give you lots of bang for your workout buck. Given that, each of the exercises in today’s Total Body 10, does just that…works your entire body. These multi-muscle exercises work upper body, lower body and core all at once giving you increased calorie burn and a more efficient workout in less time. Yay! Plus I’ve had a lot of requests for full body workout so here you go!
There are few different options for going through the workout…
- Beginner: one time through, do each exercise for 30 seconds and rest for 60 seconds before moving onto the next exercise
- Intermediate: Go through 2x total, The first time through do each exercise for 40 seconds rest for 30 seconds, 2nd time through do each exercise for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds.
- Advanced: Go through 3x total. First time through do each exercise for 60 seconds with a 30 second rest, 2nd time do each exercise for 40 seconds with 30 second rst, 3rd time through go for 30 seconds with a 30 second rest.
- Crazy Workout Animal:) If you need a super challenge do each exercise for 40 seconds with a 20 second rest and go through 3 or 4 times.
Print the workout with descriptions here. FitFabCities Total Body 10 Workout
Let me know which option you choose!
“Set some goals, then demolish them.”
So…what goals do you want to accomplish and then totally over achieve?
Happy Motivation Monday!
Recently I’ve been working my way through several smoothie recipes I discovered on Pinterest. Adding a few tweaks here and combining and few ideas there, I’ve come up with a go to breakfast smoothie quick and easy enough for even the busiest mornings. Plus, I get a a ton of green goodness without having to choke down lots of veggies. This recipe employs what I like to call “sneaky spinach”…meaning I get the nutritional benefits of green vegetables without actually having to taste them. To be honest, I try very hard to eat as healthy as I can, but I’m not going to lie, given the choice between broccoli and a donut, I will always choose a donut:)
Start with 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal ( I cook a batch in advance and keep it in the fridge so it’s cold), then add 1/2 to1 cup of almond milk, a scoop of protein powder, half a cup of frozen chopped spinach (to make the consistency thicker) a banana and 4 ice cubes. If you want to really cut the spinach taste add teaspoon of instant coffee graduals. (This is also helpful for early mornings). Blend and you are good to go!
Protein, calcium potassium, Vitamin D , fiber…you name it, this smoothie has it. The perfect thing to get me out the door fast and power me through the day!