As a beauty editor I’m completely obsessed with any “get gorgeous” product and so I’ve put together a few of my favorites that I think will make great gifts this holiday season for you or anyone on your list!
1. GLO Brilliant Personal Teeth Whitening Device $ 275: Both my husband and I trusted our smiles to this teeth whitening system before our wedding and we could not have been happier with the results! We live in Seattle (home to Starbucks and many highly caffeinated residents) and I’m pretty sure my husband thinks coffee is a food group so let’s just say he was very serious about getting those purely whites to sparkle. The results were fast and outstanding! Within a week both my hubby and I had seriously white smiles (like celebrity veneers white!) and one of the best things about the GLO is it’s totally painless, only takes eight minutes and there is no teeth sensitivity….but FYI you do look a little strange wearing the mouthpiece. But it’s totally worth it when you flash your super white smile!
2. Stila Lip Glaze Set $25: I swear by Stila lip glazes…seriously I think I have a few pounds of them in my purse. This set is one of my absolute favorites in fact, I put it on my list every year and the set lasts me until the next December 25th comes around. The colors are beautiful and universally flattering, will take you through every season and comes is a variety of shades from the super sophisticated shimmery “Kitten” (named for Stila’s famous eye shadow) to the seductive berry “Believe”. The textures aren’t sticky but you still get a glossy, glasslike finish and at $25 dollars it’s the perfect gift for your best friend or your sister and let’s be honest…it might make its way into your own stocking.
3. Stila In the Lights Palette $39: This pallete is a $118 dollar value and you get 10 gorgeous, silky eyeshadows perfect for creating this, or any season’s, must have natural eye makeup. Each shadow is a really good size, goes on with ideal coverage and compliments every skin tone. I use this everyday and it comes with a handy lookbook with tips on creating makeup looks from the perfect cat-eye to smoldering smoky eyes. You’ll also get a matte chocolate brown Smudge Stick Eye Liner!
4. Julep 2011 Holiday Collection $58.99 (marked down from $70): Julep has hands down (pun intended:) some of my favorite nail polishes and you can read about my love for Julep here and here. With the holiday gift set you’ll get 5 festive colors including Chloe, a charcoal base with a holiday sparkle in vibrant magenta; Gayle, a regal, deep aubergine; Sienna, a sophisticated, shimmery gold; Leighton, pure liquid silver; and Brooklyn, ruby red with a hint of festive sparkles. Juleps nail enamel is so creamy and shiny and the colors are so perfectly pigmented you can’t help but look expensive. Speaking of cost…if $58.99 is a bit too much to spend, any one of their $14 single nail polishes would be perfect for the girly girl on you list!
5. Clarisonic PLUS Sonic Cleansing System for Face & Body $225: Hey, if Oprah likes it it’s got to be good, right? When the queen of all media made the Clarisonic one of her favorite things she put the company on the map. I love the Clarisonic… I’ve been using it for years and it has seriously improved my skin’s texture, reduced what I don’t want to believe are wrinkles and toned down much of the Irish redness that my face tends to exhibit. But I always wanted one for the whole body and on a recent trip to Sephora I found my new favorite thing. The Clarisonic Plus with Body brush! Ideal for getting rid of the red bumps on the back of the arms, exfoliating the skin and prepping for flawless self tanning. If you haven’t tried the Clarisonic yet I cannot recommend it highly enough. They also have a smaller size called the Mia that comes in at a more reasonable $119. Moms will definitely love this but also I think it’s the perfect gift for any girl who wants spa like results and really gorgeous skin.