Grab a resistance band and a pair of dumbbells and you’re good to go for this full body circuit training workout…and the best part is you don’t even have to leave your living room to do it. That being said this is also a great workout to try at the gym if you’re looking to switch up your regular routine.
Circuit training means you move from exercise to exercise take minimal breaks between the moves so you keep your heart rate up the entire time. This helps to burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time, something I love. There are eight exercises total in this workout and we are going for about 15 reps per exercise. You’ll notice there are a lot of multi-muscle group exercises meaning you’ll work more than one muscle at once which is perfect if you’re short on time. At let’s be honest, who’s isn’t
Strength training is so important since it helps to prevent injury, increase bone density, increase muscle mass (meaning you burn more calories just existing doing things like driving your car or watching Bravo) and of course it helps you feel fab in your jeans:)
You might want to watch this workout video once to preview the exercises then follow along for a kick-butt, total body workout sure to burn lost of calories and tighten and tone every muscle in your body!
- Lunge with single arm row
- Stationary lunges
- Upright Row
- Squat (or squat jump)
- Tricep kickback
- Walking lunge and bicep curl
- Plank and Row
- This workout can be tough so if you’re just getting back into the swing of working out feel free to take as many breaks as you need .
- Try for 15 reps or so of each exercise.
- Once you finish all eight exercises in the circuit take a break and if you want to make it more challenging repeat the circuit for a total of 2 or 3 times through.