- Schoolboy Blazer : Shrunken, nipped in at the waist and totally flattering, this is one of my favorite wardrobe staples. Wear it now with jeans and flat, knee high boots for a chic equestrian nod and paired with shorts and a silk tank in spring.
- Stretch Colored Toothpick Jeans: Colored skinny jeans are a huge trend for spring. J Crew has several colors but I like these soft yellow ones…banana references aside:)
- Sperry Top Sider Boat Shoe: The minute I saw these I knew I had to have them. What can I say, I have a weakness for anything nautically inspired. I like the pink but these Sperry’s come in many different colors and are a nice casual alternative to ballet flats.
- Printed iPhone Case: Fun and chic way to make your phone a fab accessory.
- Bubble Necklace: Jazz up everything from a plain white tee to a printed dress and the blue color is oh so flattering on many different skin tones.
- Keeper Chambray Shirt: This will be one of the most versatile pieces in your closet. It is a go to for every super popular fashion blogger out there and will look great day or night with everything from white jeans to sequin skirts to leggings.
- Pebble Dot Bermuda Shorts: I’d wear these with a navy and white striped shirt and nude wedges. Bermudas are not only a flattering length they also make for a polished way to wear shorts.
My husband is quite adept with technology and I’m pretty happy some of it has rubbed off on me because all that nerdy goodness has not only improved my running but is also totally my secret to workout success.
I’ll be honest, sometimes instead of working out I would much rather just sit down on the couch and watch TV. So, here is where being a bit of tech nerd has totally changed my life. (I’m not overstating…I really love this thing that much!) Now instead of having to choose between 5 miles on the treadmill and the latest episode of Revenge I get to do BOTH!
There is a downloadable software called Roxio Toast Titanium (for both Mac and PCs) and it allows you to copy your DVDs (ones you already own, of course:) into digital files onto your computer so you can watch your movies and TV shows on your iPad, iPod or iPhone. This is great… but my favorite thing about Toast is that if you have a Tivo you can transfer any Tivo’ed show from your Tivo onto your computer and then Toast converts them to digital files meaning you can load your favorite Tivo’ed shows right onto your iPad, iPod or iPhone. (This may sound a little complicated but truth be told it is so simple and easy to do.) Think about it… you can watch everything on your Tivo playlist and burn off last night’s dessert.
I love this…not only do I get to catch up on the Teresa/Melissa drama on Real Housewives of New Jersey but I also really look forward to my runs! The best part is I can knock out long treadmill milage or extra time on the elliptical without even a hint of boredom creeping in since I’m glued to Project Runway for over a hour!
If you like to do your cardio indoors and you need just a little extra motivation to get you to or through your workouts I totally recommed downloading Toast and you can do that here. And if you already have a Tivo..it’s pretty much a must:)