I’m always curious how many calories different workouts burn…Should I do yoga or go for a run? Take a barre class or try Zumba? Well if you’re like me and you’re dying to know how many calories that spin class is worth I’ve taken the guesswork out for you. Here I’ve compiled a few different workouts that burn 300, 400 and 500 calories and you’ll notice within each “calorie section” the workouts last for different amounts of time. Calorie burn is all about intensity so you can burn 300 calories either by taking a walk with a friend or if you’re short on time and you want to work off those potato skins from last night’s happy hour try some High Intensity Interval Training for 20 minutes. This breakdown is kinda cool since you can rest easy if you hate the impact of things like kickboxing and would rather get zen with some yoga…both are going to torch about 500 calories!
- Walking with a few hills for 1 hour
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for 20 minutes. Try this tabata workout video here.
- Ballet Barre Class or Workout for 1 hour
- Running 9 min/mile (6.7 mph) for 35 minutes
- Zumba Class for 45 minutes
- Circuit Training or Bootcamp for 40 minutes. Try this toning circuit workout here. Both are living room friendly…no gym required!