Between my makeup obsession and my work as a beauty editor I have the extreme pleasure of trying tons of different high end beauty products. But the truth is, one of my favorite places to explore my beauty product passion is actually the drugstore. It’s a great way to experiment with adventurous colors without forking over tons of money. Plus, to be honest, sometimes I just think some of drugstore products are just the best! Here are a few of my must have favorites and bonus(!) everything is under $10!!!
- Revlon Moon Drops – Creme Lipstick, Persian Melon 585; $7. This is a beautiful shade that makes for the perfect bright lip. It’s also one of Emily from CupcakesandCashmere.com’s favorites.
- Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer $7. This dual sided stick has a precise, colored brow wax on one side and shimmery highlighter on the other. It’s not only great for filling in brows, but also helps them stay in place. I have tried pencils, pens, powder and some combination of the three and this is hands down my favorite. It makes my brows look perfectly polished and it’s easy to use!
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Shadow in Ivory Illusion, $3. This color might be a little hard to track down but it’s worth the effort. I love it as a shadow base or cheekbone highlighter. I bought it after reading Scarlett Johansson’s makeup artist uses it to give ScarJo her ethereal glow.
- Covergirl Wetslicks Amazemint Lipgloss $5. This Elle and InStyle magazine approved lip gloss has a shiny but not sticky texture, comes in a fabulous variety of shades and has uber-refreshing peppermint oil that keeps your breath fresh and minty. I love Freedom of Peach for a shiny Victoria’s Secret glossy nude lip and Red Riot for going out. P.S. this shade has been known to make smiles look extra white!
- L’Oreal Pro Manicure Nail Polish in Mango-Get-Em $5. Every single time I wear this polish people ask me where I got my nails done and I always say “my living room” This polish lasts forever and (just like the name suggests) it makes your manucure look professional for a fraction of the price.
- Physician’s Formula Baked Bronzer and Shimmery Powder $9.71 I live in Seattle meaning I can get pretty pale so I love adding a little bronze glow… and sunlight,well with all the rain here, is a little hard to come by. I want my bronze to look fresh and natural which is why I love this bronzer…it’s a swirl of a few different bronzes and a touch or gold shimmer which makes it a nice affordable alternative to the MAC bakes bronzers. Plus I hear Blake Lively‘s makeup artist uses it on the gorgeous star all the time.
- Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm; $9. It’s beyond genius that Revlon added a balm to this stain because I always used to carry cherry chapstick to wear overtop of it which kept my pout moist and fresh looking. Stains are so great because they’re easy to apply, stay put and look natural plus this one comes in beautiful vibrant shades. It’s the simplest way to enjoy the bold lip trend. I love this stain in the colors Desire and Passion.
- Wet and Wild Eye Liner Pencil $0.99. Yes, 99 cents! Scott Barnes is one of the top celebrity makeup artists and is responsible for the gorgeous A-list faces of Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow, Penelope Cruz plus many more and he uses this eyeliner. Not only does it have a smooth, easy to apply texture you can sharpen it with every use to get that perfect line and it’s only 99 cents so you don’t feel bad about frequently replacing it!
Happy Budget Beauty!